I have had a number of emails asking for a brief synopsis of what we can expect with Obamacare. Some just don't feel like reading through all the bureaucratic red tape.
Here ya go.
Curtsy to FightBackWisconsin.
The health care plan text can be found at HERE.
• Page 22: Mandates audits of all employers that self-insure!
• Page 29: Admission: your health care will be rationed!
• Page 30: A government committee will decide what treatments and benefits you
• Page 42: The "Health Choices Commissioner" will decide health benefits for
• Page 50: All non-US citizens, illegal or not, will be provided with free healthcare
• Page 58: Every person will be issued a National ID Healthcard.
• Page 59: The federal government will have direct, real-time access to all
individual bank accounts for electronic funds transfer.
• Page 65: Taxpayers will subsidize all union retiree and community organizer
health plans (read: SEIU, UAW and ACORN)
• Page 72: All private healthcare plans must conform to government rules to
participate in a Healthcare Exchange.
• Page 84: All private healthcare plans must participate in the Healthcare
Exchange (i.e., total government control of private plans)
• Page 91: Government mandates linguistic infrastructure for services;
translation: illegal aliens
• Page 95: The Government will pay ACORN and Americorps to sign up
individuals for Government-run Health Care plan.
• Page 102: Those eligible for Medicaid will be automatically enrolled: you have
no choice in the matter
• Page 124: No company can sue the government for price-fixing. No "judicial
review" is permitted against the government monopoly.
• Page 127: The AMA sold doctors out: the government will set wages.
• Page 145: An employer MUST auto-enroll employees into the government-run
public plan. No alternatives.
• Page 126: Employers MUST pay healthcare bills for part-time employees AND
• Page 149: Any employer with a payroll of $400K or more, who does not offer
the public option, pays an 8% tax on payroll
• Page 150: Any employer with a payroll of $250K-400K or more, who does not
offer the public option, pays a 2 to 6% tax on payroll
• Page 167: Any individual who doesn’t' have acceptable healthcare (according to
the government) will be taxed 2.5% of income.
• Page 170: Any NON-RESIDENT alien is exempt from individual taxes
• Page 195: Officers and employees of Government Healthcare Bureaucracy will
have access to ALL American financial and personal records.
• Page 203: "The tax imposed under this section shall not be treated as tax."
• Page 239: Bill will reduce physician services for Medicaid. Seniors and the poor
• Page 241: Doctors: no matter what specialty you have, you'll all be paid the
• Page 253: Government sets value of doctors' time, their professional judgment,
• Page 265: Government mandates and controls productivity for private
• Page 268: Government regulates rental and purchase of power-driven
• Page 272: Cancer patients: welcome to the wonderful world of rationing!
• Page 280: Hospitals will be penalized for what the government deems
• Page 298: Doctors: if you treat a patient during an initial admission that results
in a readmission, you will be penalized by the government.
• Page 317: Doctors: you are now prohibited for owning and investing in
• Page 318: Prohibition on hospital expansion. Hospitals cannot expand without
• Page 321: Hospital expansion hinges on "community" input.
• Page 335: Government mandates establishment of outcome-based measures:
• Page 341: Government has authority to disqualify Medicare Advantage Plans,
• Page 354: Government will restrict enrollment of SPECIAL NEEDS individuals.
• Page 379: More bureaucracy: Telehealth Advisory Committee (healthcare by
• Page 425: More bureaucracy: Advance Care Planning Consult: Senior Citizens,
assisted suicide, euthanasia?
• Page 425: Government will instruct and consult regarding living wills, durable
powers of attorney, etc. Mandatory.
• Page 425: Government provides approved list of end-of-life resources, guiding
you in death.
• Page 427: Government mandates program that orders end-of-life treatment;
government dictates how your life ends.
• Page 429: Advance Care Planning Consult will be used to dictate treatment as
patient's health deteriorates. This can include an ORDER for end-of-life plans.
• Page 430: Government will decide what level of treatments you may have at
• Page 489: Government will cover marriage and family therapy.
• Page 494: Government will cover mental health services: defining, creating and
rationing those services.